Monday, May 4, 2009

THALASSA AND OAKLEY PRO

Thalassa Backpackers, in Kasouga (between Port Alfred and Kenton-on-sea), had their grand opening on Friday 1 May. After the unexpected ‘scenic route’ that I took, I ended up in the picturesque setting, with milkwoods and monkeys; the beach was just the cherry on the top. Sand dunes and a long stretch of sand down to the sea is what unveiled itself to me after the fairytale walk through the bushes. Besides the area around the backpackers being mind-blowing, the backpackers itself is rather homely and enjoyable to.














There is a large round fireplace, which everyone sits around at night with a bevvie, chatting away and singing along (if you’re into that) to the guitar. Do not forget the two lovable resident cats!


Saturday morning we went off to Port Alfred for breakfast (pizza and a draft). To my surprise, the Oakley Pro Junior was on at East beach. So off I went. There were quite a few good dudes surfing (Shaun Joubert, Klee Strachan, Thomas Woods).
After sitting, watching and photographing for a couple of hours, I hit the road back with Lp Show and Cat Empire pumping.




















3 comments:

Rodain Joubert said...

Interesting! I wasn't aware of your online exploits before, it's nice to see that you're engaging in a bit of adventure here and there.

I'll be keeping tabs on this blog. It'll give me something to read other than my own tripe for a change.

Rodain Joubert said...

Oh, and you went to the KKNK? Gee golly willikers, so did I. It's a damn neat festival in my opinion.

Dane said...

truly an awsum place to be,when u just need to get away,